Access Chambers, Covers and Frames
Access covers are typically used in pedestrian areas with lighter load requirements to provide access to utilities such as electrical cabling, plumbing, heating and ventilation. They are also often designed to be more attractive than manholes and blend in with the surrounding surface.
The Centurion Access Systems along with the Rapid Stack system, have been successfully developed to meet the requirements of contractors, architects and civil engineers for a variety of uses such as water, CCTV, communications, street lighting and traffic signals. With the range covering B125 through to E600 the chambers are a fast build alternative to traditional brick built and other plastic chambers.
Included in the range
Civils and Lintels work with Cubis and Wrekin to bring you a wide range of access covers, plates and systems including the Centurion range.
Our range includes chambers, covers, access plates and frames.
- Centurion Plus B125 – The system has been developed as a no concrete surround and frameless quick build structure that is extremely quick to install as well as cost effective resulting in significantly lower labour, plant and road closure costs. Centurion Plus requires no timber bracing and no waiting time for the concrete to gain its strength. The contractor simply excavates the required pit area, drops in the sections, backfill and block pave or flags right up to the top of the chamber.
The system features a host of benefits: Quick to install, complies to H&S requirements for one man lift, fully assembled or flat packed for transport cost savings, quick knock out system for duct entry, locking plate for security, no frame required, telemetry readings can be made directly through the lids Rebated design enables B125 composite cover to fit flush with chamber
- Centurion Chambers – The Original Centurion Access Chamber System is manufactured by rotational moulding and contain a high percentage of recycled material, making the product more environmentally friendly than alternative systems. Centurion Chambers are manufactured from recycled polyolefin material comprising of a range of single 320mm deep units with a robust stacking facility up to 960mm deep. The chambers are formed with pre-tampered knock out areas to accept 63mm or 110mm external diameter ducting conforming to the Highways minimum surface cover of either 450mm or 750mm depending on location. If surrounded by a 150mm thick 15N/mm2 concrete, the chamber satisfies B125 (125kN) vertical load classification and also resists lateral sided pressures.
- RapidStack D400 and E600 loading chambers – RapidStack is a GRP access chamber developed for use in a variety of applications including highways, traffic signals, street Lighting, Rail and Water. Strong and lightweight it achieves D400 compressive loadings, with standard sizes that conform to HSE regulation for ‘one man lift’. These high quality, fast-build chambers are an alternative product to the traditional brick-built and other plastic manholes.
RapidStack E600 chambers are also available with a load rating of 60 tonnes; designed to suit specific heavy duty applications.
- Centurion galvanised steel frames – Galvanised steel frames act as formers for the chamber, maintaining the clear opening size specified. The frames provide height and tilt adjustment at surface level. For added security, Civils and Lintels supply the universal frame locked as standard. For installations in areas of block or tactile paving, frames are available with a recessed inner tray and a lowered edge that can be paved up to, avoiding cuts. A dropped frame is also available for use with a Centurion composite cover in areas where paving is laid directly up to the chamber.
- Anti-slip composite covers – The usual benefits of rust proof and maintenance free cover are now enhanced with an improved skid resistant surface. This cover is supplied with a standard lock facility to prevent unauthorised chamber entry. The unique multi-directional surface pattern has been designed to provide an average skid resistance value of 84 (dry test) and 50 (wet) surpassing the stated minimum advisory limits. Chemically resistant to diesel, oil and petrol and tested in accordance with BS EN 124 load classification (25kN). Available in a range of sizes from 290x275mm to 600x600mm.
To discuss access systems for your project, contact your local branch.